Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Through the Gates of Horn

I've never had a useful dream before.
Or, anyway, I've never had a practical dream.
Robert Louis Stevenson dreamed the entire plot of The Strange Case of Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde. Elias Howe dreamt the invention of the mechanical sewing machine. Prince woke up and was able to write out the entirety of "Little Red Corvette". Samuel Taylor Coleridge dreamed the poem Kubla Khan and, when he was transcribing it, was disturbed by a knock at the door which caused him to forget the rest of it.
Paul McCartney and "Yesterday," Dmitri Mendeleyev and the Periodic Table of Elements, Salvador Dali's Persistence of Memory.
Me? "Don't forget your dongle!"
I had a pile of things prepared to take in to work today but I had neglected to put my USB flashdrive onto that pile and will absolutely need it. I woke with a start at four in the morning having just had an insistent nightmare in which I was made to feel like an idiot for forgetting a USB flashdrive. When I woke with a start, I got up and put the damned thing on the pile of stuff I need for work today.
You ask me, Morpheus is phoning it in. Where's my THIS?

No comments:

Post a Comment