Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Chiara Heresies III

We are in the supermarket. I have been in the baking aisle, trying to select a baking soda. Chiara comes up behind me with the cart and leans in conspiratorially.

"Deed you see those missionaries?" she asks me, eyes wide.

"No, why?" I reply.

"They were soooooo ugly!"

"You mean because of their cheap suits or their 1950s haircuts or something?"

"No, I mean they were ugly. Like trolls."

"You mean they were just physically unattractive people?"

"Yes, and there was a group of them, all ugly like each other."

"Why do you care about this?"

"I would never believe in some invisible man for people so ugly."

"You mean you would consider it if they were better looking?"

She thinks for a moment, cocking her head for comedic effect.

"They'd have to be pretty hot."

No comments:

Post a Comment